Fall 2020 USC/CFALA CFA® Level I Review Program
The USC/CFALA CFA® Review Program* exposes candidates to more than 40 practitioners and academics who serve as instructors, coordinators, and directors of the Program. The instructors are all specialists in the part of the CFA® curriculum that they teach. They regularly address curriculum issues in their professional practices, and they bring their practical experience to our candidates. Their wide variety of experience provides candidates with diverse perspectives on all aspects of financial analyses. Besides offering a well-rounded program, the ability to meet, learn from, and network with so many high-level professionals may be one of the most important aspects of the Program. Read their biographies here: Instructor Bios.
Although six classes have taken place, you can catch up with our class recordings and presentations! Also, all instructors are available to answer direct questions via email!
*Extended Access: Due to the unprecedented circumstances and challenges involving the COVID-19 pandemic, we are extending access to all 2020 class recordings and presentations until you sit for your CFA Exam.
|Level I||Saturdays, July 25, 2020||9:00am - 4:00pm||Approximately 13 Saturdays prior to the December 2020 CFA Exam||
Fall 2020 CFA® Review Program
- Online Workshop
- Recordings of the online instruction (accessed via the CFALA website - iOS and Android compatible)
- Full length Practice Exam
- Mentor Match
- Schweser Study Notes - 6 volumes, Quick Sheet and Practice Exam Volume 1 (e-books provided; hard copy available via Schweser just pay shipping and handling!)
- SchweserPro Online Question Bank
- Schweser 3 Day Review - Now w/ OnDemand Recordings!
- Candidate Connection (CFALA Member Benefits)
- Program Pledge
- Bonus Classes
- CFALA LAB(Problem Solving Tutorials)
Full-length Practice Exam
As a tool to assist candidates in assessing their strength and weaknesses, one Saturday session of the course is dedicated a practice exam. Each candidate will receive an exam to take during the full-day session structured as a mock exam setting. At the close of the session all candidates receive the answer key for self-grading and assessment.
Each Level I candidate enrolled in the Review Program may elect to be paired with a local CFA Charterholder. The Charterholder will provide guidance and support through the exam preparation period.
Supplemental Study Materials Included
Schweser Notes and SchweserPro Question Bank (e-books) are provided to all enrolled candidates at no additional charge. A physical copy of the Schweser Notes is available to purchase once you have received access to the electronic version. Please contact Schweser directly to get your hard copy for FREE just pay shipping and handling.
Schweser 3-Day Review - Now w/ OnDemand Recordings!
As an additional bonus session, each candidate enrolled will automatically be registered for Schweser's 3-Day Review. This is three full days of CFA curriculum review and problem solving with exam-like questions. The 3-Day Review is a live course with a 3-Day OnDemand Review Workshop available through Schweser's Portal. This also includes instructor exam tips and strategies and workbook set of review slides and practice questions. Please note that the Schweser Secret Sauce will not be included for review program candidates.
Candidate Connection introduces candidates to the benefits of Society membership. Those enrolled in the Review Program will be able to attend Society events at member rates (excluding the Annual Meeting) for the period in which they are enrolled in the course. (June- December for Fall candidates/December - June for Spring candidates).
Access to recordings of all classes via the CFALA website.
IOS and Android compatible
The USC/CFALA CFA Review Program is committed to helping candidates master the Candidate Body of Knowledge and become CFA Charterholders. If you take our Review Program, and fail the CFA Exam, you may retake our review program for $500 (within a 12-month period). We will rebate 100% of your 2nd registration fee after you have retaken the CFA Exam.
Schweser Notes and Pro will not be included with the repeat level however the 3 Day Review will be Included.
To use the program pledge you must complete the following steps:
- Submit a completed program pledge form to the CFALA office
- Submit failed exam results to the CFALA office (verifying you sat for the exam)
- Contact the CFALA office for a special registration link to receive the $500 price
- Sit for the exam
- Submit your 2nd exam results within 30 days of their release
Follows CFA Institute Prep Provider Guidelines. Required Disclaimer: CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by the USC/CFALA CFA® Review Program. CFA Institute, CFA® and Charter Financial Analysts® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Early Registration Fees (Expires July 17th, 2020)
Email email@example.com for discount codes and extended early registration.
- Membership ($150 discount): Please note that being a candidate in the CFA Program with CFA Institute does NOT mean that you are a member of CFA Institute or CFALA
- Returning Candidate ($100 discount): For candidates that have previously taken our review program.
- Decline Schweser Notes and Pro ($150 discount)
- Decline Schweser 3-Day Review ($100 discount)
- Program Pledge: Only applies to those who have taken both the exam and the review program within a 12-month cycle. Please note that Program Pledgers will NOT have access to Schweser Notes and Pro but WILL have access to Schweser's 3-Day Review.
- Extended Access: Due to the unprecedented circumstances and challenges involving the COVID-19 pandemic, we are extending access to all 2020 class recordings and presentations until you sit for your CFA Exam.
*Please note that all discounts EXCEPT the program pledge may be combined. Early Registration Rate ($300 off) expires July 17th, 2020.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes.
We accept the following:
If you prefer to pay by check please email email@example.com and request to pay by check. Your registration will be completed
manually and you will receive access once your check has been deposited.
Mail Check To:
CFA Society of Los Angeles
13400 Riverside Drive, Ste. 215
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
*Credit card payments will only be accepted through the secure online registration, and not by phone or email.
Cancellations must be received in writing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . There is a $649 non-refundable deposit, and you will be charged $100 per Saturday class that has been taught up to the day your written cancellation is received. There will be no refunds after September 18th, 2020. All class times and locations are subject to change.