Access Scholarships Available
May 2021 (L1), June 2021 (L2 & L3), August 2021 (L1), and November 2021 (L1) CFA Exams
Applications for 2021 Access Scholarships are EXPECTED to open April 13th
CFA Institute Application Deadline: September 15th, 2020
CFA Society Los Angeles Supplemental Material Deadline: September 25th, 2020
If awarded, the recipient can apply the scholarship for one of the below exams:
- May 2021 (Level I)
- June 2021 (Level II and III)
- August 2021 (Level I)
- November 2021 (Level I)
Access scholarship awards reduce CFA Program enrollment and exam registration fees to $250, including the CFA Program eBook.
- (Scholarship candidates are responsible for any additional costs for substituting or adding the print option, including curriculum and shipping costs plus any applicable taxes and import duties)
Scholarship may also include enrollment in the USC/CFALA CFA Review Program
- Once awarded scholarship for this program, attendance is mandatory
- Approximately $1,449 value
* Candidates who have already registered for a 2021 CFA Exam are ineligible to apply for a 2021 Access Scholarship. If you are applying for a 2021 CFA Exam Access Scholarship, do not register for the 2021 Exams until after the scholarship recipients are announced (around December 1st, 2020).
* After you submit your scholarship application, you cannot make changes. If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before October 15th of the year in which you applied. If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must sit for that exam or you may be ineligible for future Access Scholarships.
*If you wish to begin studying for the June exam before you are able to register (because you must wait until scholarship notifications occur in December), you may purchase the eBook curriculum in advance by contacting us. If you purchase the eBook curriculum in advance, you will receive a credit for your purchase during the exam registration checkout/payment process.
*A print version of the curriculum may be purchased separately. The print curriculum is not included in the exam registration fee, therefore we do not issue credits to applicants who purchase the print curriculum in advance of exam registration. Scholarship candidates are also responsible for shipping costs and any applicable import duties and taxes related to purchasing the print curriculum.
Access Scholarship Application Process
- CFA Institute Online Scholarship Application
- If you already have a CFA Institute account, you can apply for an Access Scholarship for the 2021 exams
- If you do not already have a CFA Institute account, create CFA Institute account in order to access scholarship application
- Complete by September 15th, 2020 at 11:59pm (ET)
Click here for more information regarding the Access Scholarship Process, including eligibility, important dates, and rules, on the CFA Institute website.
- CFALA Supplementary Documentation
- CFALA requires supplementary documentation. Once completed, please submit all following forms to CFALA: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: CFA Society Los Angeles, Attn: Scholarships, 520 South Grand Avenue, Ste 655, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Required Documents:
- College (or Highest Level of Education) Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation (may be personal, professional, or a professor)
- Current CV or Resume
- Complete by September 25th, 2020